Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Drama

This year's drama production was The Wizard of Oz, and I got the honor of being the lead roll, Dorothy. I started preparing even before we heard about the auditions. I had been taking singing classes and learned Over the Rainbow. My auditions went well even though I was scared and I was chosen to go first. I was so happy that I got the lead that I couldn't stop talking about it. It's what I've always wanted ever since my first drama production in Utah, when my brother and I were part of a play about cats. It was a lot of work being Dorothy because I had to memorize basically the entire script! But it was worth it in the end. I got many compliments and I had lots of fun. I can't thank June (the art teacher/drama teacher) enough for the opportunity. It was also very special to me because this year was my last year at Oneness, which meant that it was going to be my last drama production at OFS.

No comments: