Sunday, May 18, 2008

Oneness Family School


I have been at OFS (Oneness Family School) ever since I was in second grade. I've really enjoyed the hands on materials and how each teacher has time to make sure I understand what they are teaching me. I am glad we use the Conflict Resolution system instead of using violence or any other way. Conflict Resolution is a way of solving a problem by communication and coming to a common understanding. The best thing about it is that it really works! I haven't been in many conflicts but when I have used Conflict Resolution it has been the best solution.

There are many after-school programs but some of my favorites are the Peace Choir and Drama Club. I was in the Peace Choir for two or three years, it was fun. I've been in four drama productions at OFS. They were: Honk, Into the Woods, High School Musical, and The Wizard of Oz. This year in
The Wizard of Oz I was the lead, Dorothy. It was a lot of work but it really paid off in the end with our incredible performances we all did. Even though it was hard work it was still very fun and exciting.

OFS is almost like a home to me. I have so many friends there, including the teachers! The environment is so friendly, and so are the people. I've learned so much and I want to graduate and move on but it's also hard because of all the memories that I've made at OFS. The trips I've been on have also made many memories. Last year my class went to Florida! It was an amazing trip. I can't wait for our spring trip!

No comments: